Products I've Used Up | My Views

 Here are some of the products I have used up over the last few months.  Some were excellent, and some weren't so great.. but nevertheless I enjoyed finding out whether I liked them or not. 

Makeup

 Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer 
 
Shade Pictured | Fair 

Price: Roughly £4 from Boots or Superdrug

This concealer has been raved about by many in the beauty community and there is a good reason for it!  Not only does it have good coverage and staying power, but at only £4, you can't go wrong.  The only thing I would say is that there are only four shades to choose from and the lightest shade is almost always sold out!  The writing always rubs off over time but I can't complain as the product is so good.  This product is great for covering hyper pigmentation, redness and spots but it does tend to crease and look a bit cakey if applied under the eyes.   

Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer
Shade Pictured | 100 Ivory 

Price: £5.49 from Boots

This concealer is also a great one.  The creamy consistency allows for a smooth application and doesn't look cakey.  It is great for use under the eyes and on any blemishes you may have.  I already have the Wake Me Up foundation which I love, but I don't use them together too often as it can look a little too dewy! I would definitely recommend using a setting powder over the top of this product as it can rub off throughout the day.  Love the packaging and it is great for travel.

Skincare 


 Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water

Price: £3.49 from Superdrug

I absolutely love this micellar water.  I am on my third bottle now I believe!  I originally joined the micellar water bandwagon by using the L'oreal Skin Perfection one (featured below) but this one was slightly cheaper so I gave it a go.  I have tried Bioderma as well which is a lot more money and quite hard to get in the UK.  I can't really tell much difference to be honest!  You get a decent amount of product in the bottle (400ml) so it lasts a good while.  It is so gentle on the face and removes makeup (even waterproof makeup) very easily and quickly.  It's not ideal for travelling as it is quite bulky, but I saw in Boots last week that they now do a mini version yay! They are 125ml so a much more convenient size for travel.  
I would highly recommend this product for everyday use, but it doesn't give your skin a deep cleanse (it doesn't claim to) so I would say to use another cleanser alongside as part of your skincare routine. 

L'Oreal Paris Skin Perfection Micellar Solution


Price: Roughly £4.99 from Boots

I do like this product and it does remove my makeup, but it's nothing to write home about.  I found that because there's only 200ml in the bottle, I went through so many of these too fast.  It is not as affordable as the Garnier one and that has twice the amount of product so I quickly switched to that one!  I found that this product left a slight oily residue on my skin after use which I didn't like because I felt that I then needed to wash my face (which defeats the point of this product really).  Nonetheless it is very soothing and gentle, and if you see it on sale then do give it a go as it is good at removing waterproof makeup. 
 I personally don't think it's worth the full price for the amount of product you get.  There are much better ones out there from Garnier, Simple and Boots Botanics.   

Liz Earle Skin Repair Moisturiser
Skin Type: Normal/Combination

Price: £20.25 from Liz Earle

I have been using this moisturiser for a couple of years now and it is virtually the only one I use.  I used to use one from Simple but I just found that my skin wasn't getting the moisture and hydration it needed so I turned to my Mum for some help!  She was already using this moisturiser and was in love with it, so I thought I would give it a go.  It's fairly pricey for a moisturiser, and as a student, I feel like I am spending more than I should on a skincare product but it is totally worth it.  My skin has been transformed since using this and it really gives it the hydration my skin longs for.  I like the fact that it is in a pot rather than a tube because you can really use up every last drop of the product and you know exactly when you're going to run out.  (This product is available in pump form).  50ml is a decent amount of product and a little goes a long way as it is so hydrating.  It sits beautifully under makeup and it great to use morning and evening. Highly recommend!!!

Soap & Glory Clean On Me Shower Gel

Price: £6.50 from Boots

I got this as part of a set for Christmas last year and at first glance I thought it was amazing how much product there was in the bottle.  You get 500ml which lasts for AGES! So it is a great investment.  It smells amazing, lathers up really nicely and feels so soothing and creamy on the skin.  It doesn't leave a residue it just leaves your skin feeling soft and nourished.  It smells SO good out of the bottle but doesn't have an overpowering lingering scent for hours afterwards which is nice.  I have nothing bad to say about this product, apart from that this bottle isn't very travel friendly, but luckily you can get a very handy travel size of 75ml!

Haircare


TRESemme Instant Refresh Dry Shampoo

Price: £4.99 from Ocado

I'm just going to put it out there.. I hated this product! There isn't really anything good I can say about it apart from that it wasn't too expensive (but maybe there's a reason for that..). You get 200ml which isn't that much at all when you have to spray so much of the product onto your hair each time to even start to notice it doing anything.  Even then, my hair still looked greasy and there was the horrible white residue left on my hair.  The point of a dry shampoo is to make your hair look as good as if it had been washed, but unfortunately this product made my hair look like it needed a wash even more!  This isn't a reflection on the brand as I normally love TRESemme products - I am currently using their Natural Moisture Shampoo which I love, but this product was a bit of a let down.  Sorry TRESemme. 

So there we have it! These are all the products I have used up recently.  I hope you enjoyed reading my reviews and found them somewhat useful. Keep your eyes peeled for more posts coming your way very soon!

Talk soon, Molly x






Comments