Easy and Healthy Banana Pancakes

I'm not usually one for pancakes.  As a child I was never interested in eating them, and I never eat pancakes on pancake day. (Sorry.) However, since being at university I am always looking for easy yet healthy dishes to cook for myself, which doesn't break the bank either.  Furthermore, being gluten-free, I am somewhat limited to the food I can buy pre-made.

I am a lover of Pinterest, and often find myself browsing on it looking for inspiration in one way or another.  The other day I was looking up healthy gluten-free food, and I came across banana pancakes.  I love bananas, so I thought I would give it a whirl.  When I read the instructions, I couldn't believe how easy it was!  (I'm not by any means saying this was my idea, but it's so easy and versatile, anybody can make them.)  I know making pancakes is pretty self-explanatory, but I just thought I would show you the process I used, so you can see just how easy it was.  Here is how I got on.

To make 6 pancakes, roughly 4-5 inches in width, you will need:
  • 1 ripe banana
  • 2 eggs
  • Butter or oil
  • Frying pan
  • Pancake spatula/flipper

First of all, whisk 2 eggs in a bowl, then mash your banana until most of the lumps have disappeared. 



Then, mix the eggs and the mashed banana together with a fork or whisk until it creates a light, fluffy mixture.

On medium heat, add butter or oil to your frying pan ready for your pancake mixture. Pour however much mixture you like into the pan, and wait about 30-45 seconds for one side to cook before flipping it over.


Repeat this process until you have used up all the mixture. They should look a little something like this.




I was very pleased with the outcome of these pancakes, and in total it took me around 10 minutes to do.  You don't need to add sugar, sweetener or fruit because of the sweetness of the banana.  They are delicious as a healthy snack, breakfast, or a pre/post workout snack.

You could be naughty and add Nutella or chocolate spread onto them, which, (speaking from experience) is pretty good!!

Hope you found this interesting, and I recommend you try them out!

Talk soon, Molly x



Comments

  1. These look great and so easy to make Molly...thank you for sharing...I might just give them a go!
    Good luck with your blog xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment